Friday, August 16, 2013

2013 Artisan Finalist Blog Hop--Day 7

2013artisanfinalistAHave you ever had a crazy, creative idea that worked?  Well, today's entry was one of my crazy ideas.

I'm not really even sure how I did it.....it just worked out.  I wanted to create a clean rainbow card using the Ovals Framelits.  Each oval of the rainbow is a step up from the center, so it seems like you are looking down into the card.


I couldn't get the rainbow to fit a standard size card, so I opted for a larger, square matchbox-style card. 


Rainbowcard
Here is a picture of the inside of the card.



Rainbowcardinside


There are only a few more days to this blog hop, so be sure to check out everyone's amazing work.  If you've missed anything, you can always catch up by following my Pinterest board featuring all of the Artisan Finalists projects.


Thanks for stopping by!



MelissaSignature


2013artfinalistback
Back to Kaitlyn Zumbach


    
2013artfinalistnext
Next to Wendy Weixler



6 comments:

  1. Well, this is very creative! I love the inside of this card, and how you colored the sentiment. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay this card BLEW ME AWAY at convention. I am in awe of the use of the oval framelits to make the rainbow--brava diva! Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw this card at convention I was so BLOWN AWAY! Seriously I was in awe of the brilliance to use the oval framelits to make a rainbow--brava diva. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so cool! I am totally trying this Melissa! Love :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is full of happiness...LOVE it! What a fun way to use the framelits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am lovin' this card! What a great idea to use the oval framelits for the rainbow! The result is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete