Friday, January 18, 2013

New Tutorial: Creating Jewelry with Soda Pop Tops


Sodapoptops
I'm so excited to share this tutorial with you!  When these Soda Pop Tops were demonstrated at Leadership conference, I couldn't wait to get home and start playing with them.  I've done quite a bit of trial and error this week, so my video contains many helpful hints.  Hopefully, you'll learn from my mistakes.


I've listed all of the products that I used at the end of this post.  If you would like to order any of the items, please visit my website.  Thanks for watching!


 



MelissaRecipeGraphic
STAMP SET:  Collage Curios


INK:  Crumb Cake, Lucky Limeade, Primsrose Petals, Versamark, StazOn Black


PAPER:  Very Vanilla Card Stock, First Edition Specialty Designer Series Paper, Tea for Two Designer Series Paper, 1" Circle Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, Soda Pop Tops, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Tombow Multi Adhesive, 1/16" punch, Crystal Effects


Happy Stampin'



MelissaSignature


 EDITED TO ADD:  I've had several questions about the bracelet shown in the video.  You'll want to look for "bracelet blanks", either online, in a jewelry supply shop, or craft store.  This is what mine looks like:



Bracelet blank


I used Crystal Effects to adhere the soda pop tops to the bracelet.  Hope this helps!


 



6 comments:

  1. I love your Soda Pop top necklace & bracelet! Could you tell me where you got the base for the bracelet; what does it look like? Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Great tutorial.
    Cheryl Sims

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great video and tip regarding the heat embossing. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful video! how did you attached the caps to the braclet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all your kind comments. I've updated the post with more information about the bracelet. Hopefully, that will answer most of your questions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the intructions!

    ReplyDelete