Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Grab your broom!



Brooms
I saw these cute broomsticks and could not wait to make one.....or five!  They are so quick & easy.  We had a lot of fun making these at today's Stop-N-Stamp class.

How about a tutorial?


STEP 1:  Cut a piece of Designer Series Paper to 2-1/2" x 12".  Mark a line across at 1-1/2".



Broomstep1
STEP 2:  Place a piece of sticky strip above the line, from end to end of the DSP.



Broomstickystrip
STEP 3:  Cut random fringe along the top and bottom edge, cutting all the way to the sticky strip. 



Broomcuts
STEP 4:  Place a Twizzler or pencil into a 1" x 8" cellophane bag & seal shut.  Peel the sticky strip from the DSP and begin wrapping the DSP around the cellophane bag as shown.



Broomwrap1 
Broomwrap2STEP 5:  Flare out the ends of your broom by lightly tapping it onto a flat surface.



BroomfinalSTEP 6:  Wrap a piece of linen thread around the broom and add a tag.  My tag was created with the Bootiful Occasions stamp set---the greeting says "Grab your broom, cast your spell, and shake your booty."  The greeting was punched out with the scallop oval punch, and a piece of tangerine tango cardstock that was punched with the large oval punch was layered behind it.



Broommain


Are you ready to whip up some brooms?  Here is what you'll need:


STAMP SET:  Bootiful Occasions


INK:  Basic Black


PAPER:  Howlstooth & Scaringbone Designer Series Paper, Whisper White & Tangerine Tango card stock


ACCESSORIES:  Linen Thread, Large Oval Punch, 1/16" Circle Handheld Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Sticky Strip, 1" x 8" Cellophane Bags


All items may be ordered on my Stampin' Up! website.


 


Don't forget!  I'll be at the Fort Wayne, Indiana Rubber Stamp & Scrapbook Getaway this weekend.  If you attend, be sure to find me & introduce yourself.  I've got a few gifts tucked away for my "fans".


Happy Stampin'



MelissaSignature



3 comments:

  1. Mellisa, these brooms are adorable! I think they would be cute for my two granddaughter's class. Thanks so much for sharing them with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this project! Now I know exactly what I'm going to do with my daughters 2nd grade class at their Halloween party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mellisa love these brooms too! Thank you for taking the time to do a tutorial and sharing!

    ReplyDelete